EVENT COORDINATOR (TERM)
The mandate of the Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is to provide engineering and technical advisory services to all Unaffiliated First Nations and Tribal Councils in Ontario.
The OFNTSC requires the services of an Event Coordinator to assist with all planning aspects of public and private events for the organization on a one-year term contract.
This position involves travel and therefore a valid G-Class Driver’s license is required. Some out-of-town travel including two- or three-day absences is also required.
- The Event Coordinator is responsible for initiating, maintaining, and reporting on relationships that are vital to the successful execution of OFNTSC’s public events. An understanding of the procedures and protocols in dealing with First Nations communities and government agencies is essential.
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts, book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual services, make travel arrangements, order event signs and ensure appropriate décor is present.
- Schedule regular event committee meetings, develop and maintain a project tracking sheet to keep the committee organized and on task
- Creation and dissemination of sponsorship and tradeshow information
- Marketing of events to First Nations and other organizations
- Act as a liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Collect and organize information to produce a post-event report
- Evaluate events through guest feedback and make proper changes for future events
- Follow a strict budget and alert supervisor to any potential budgetary changes
- Work respectfully with a team in a collaborative environment.
- Take the lead and ownership of one large and several (3-4) small-scale events hosted by the OFNTSC throughout the year.
- Seeing an event through from concept stages to successful execution and delivery of event.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of a post-secondary credential in a related field (event management, communications, marketing, etc. OR sufficient experience)
- A minimum of 2 years of event planning or related experience
- Experience working with budgets
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent attention to detail, spelling and grammar, especially in written or printed materials
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects, tasks and responsibilities
- While graphic design is not a required skill, a keen eye for branding cohesion on all marketing materials is required
- Ability to problem solve
- Professional demeanor
- Time management
- Ability to meet deadlines
Conditions of Employment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (proof of at least 2 doses is required).
- Understanding of working with the Indigenous community is preferred
- Understanding of an Indigenous language is preferred
Come join our growing
• • • •
Abi wiijii’en ndo
• • • •
Taskwatia’táhrhahs ne onkwentióhkwa
In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Please mark clearly the upload as “EVENT COORDINATOR” and upload your cover letter and resume with the attachment labeled as [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_EVENTCOORDINATOR]
We thank all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.