The MISSISSAUGAS OF THE CREDIT FIRST NATION is accepting applications for a permanent, part-time position of:
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Music Instructor teaches and implements the music program in the school. The Music Instructor is responsible for ensuring that each child has the opportunity to reach his/her maximum potential, through the creation and implementation of suitable programs and teaching strategies to meet individual students’ needs.
Educational Qualifications/Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree and Bachelors of Education with Music Qualifications
- OR Bachelors degree with formal Royal Conservatory of Music Training
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and week-ends
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members, administration, parents and students
- Experience working with children
- Experience teaching music in a formal setting
- Knowledge of the Anishinaabe culture and language
- Formal music performance experience
- Must provide the results of a current criminal reference check including a vulnerable sector check
- First Aid and CPR Certification
Salary: $19,110.50 – $26,720.34, based on a 17.5hr workweek.
Please note that this position is subject to summer layoffs.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and 3 references, 2 of which are employment related to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email at the address listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the Admin Building or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.