Website Can-Am Indian Friendship Center
Organization: Can-Am Indian Friendship Centre of Windsor
Job Title: Latiy^te’hta?as Literacy Program Coordinator
Particulars: 40 Hours per week
Location: 2929 Howard Ave., Windsor, ON N8X 4W4
To provide a pathway through the complex issues and barriers challenging urban Indigenous adult learners
- Relevant Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in the area of Education or a related fields and/or work experience
- Demonstrated ability in working with Indigenous community
- Knowledge of traditional and cultural teachings is an asset
- In teaching and/or curriculum development would be an asset
- Skills in community and social development would be an asset
- Be able to coordinate recruitment of volunteers, tutors and learners/students
- Develop culturally appropriate materials and curriculum
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, as well as presentation, human relations and communication skills
- Knowledge of the Friendship Centre and it’s programs is an asset
- Should have experience in Training Facilitation and working with other literacy and educational agencies
- Responsible to the Can-Am Indian Friendship Centre for the overall implementation and on-going assessment of the Community Literacy Program and promote the program in the Windsor-Essex area
- Facilitate and maintain a working group of instructors, tutors, volunteers and learners (students)
- Represent Can-Am Indian Friendship Centre at local, regional and provincial meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences
- To ensure an integrated approach to basic literacy wherever possible and desired
- Provide on-going client/learner evaluations and assessments and help develop learners and students educational/personal goals
- To develop promotional materials and computer literacy component within the literacy program including maintaining a literacy resource library
- Complete yearly funding proposals and other proposals as deemed necessary
- Accountable for monthly reports providing details of activities and schedule
- Quarterly reports providing summary of activities, training and accumulated activities, monthly/yearly statistical correlation
- Regular and frequent communication with the Executive Director
- To develop, maintain positive working relationships with other Can-Am Indian Friendship Centre programs and program workers.
- To create working relationships and liaise with Indigenous and non-Indigenous community partnerships with service agencies and other relevant organizations/services i.e. Alternative Education, School Boards, Adult Learning Centres, C.E.C., Unemployed Help Centre, etc.
- Participate in professional development as directed and required ensure certification is up-to-date specifically First Aid, CPR and Injury Prevention
- To maintain, manage program case management and up-to-date confidential client records keeping system and database
- Participate with program initiatives, and ensure reporting requirements are accurate, complete and submitted in a timely manner, by the program management policy
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned from time to time i.e. newsletter submission, CAIFC events coordination and planning, attend staff meetings and able to travel as required
SALARY: NEGOTIABLE, based on qualifications.
DEADLINE: POSTED UNTIL FILLED
SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME AND THREE (3) EMPLOYMENT REFERENCES TO:
Can-Am Indian Friendship Centre of Windsor
2929 Howard Ave., Windsor, ON. N8X 4W4
Attention: HIRING COMMITTEE
OR EMAIL APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however only those that pass the initial screening process will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidate must provide Vulnerable Sector Check prior to employment.
CAIFC values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer; however, hiring preference will be given to qualified Indigenous applications. CAIFC is dedicated to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please let us know, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate.