Website Mitten Building Products
Who We Are
Mitten is the original Canadian manufacturer and market leader of vinyl siding. Our continued focus on operational excellence has set the industry benchmark for service, quality, performance and design, backed by the best in class lifetime warranty. As a coast to coast distributor of premium exterior building products we are the link between architects, builders and installers providing an endless variety of business and design solutions. As part of the Cornerstone Building Brands family, we are the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our Canadian made vinyl siding has the largest and boldest colour palette in the industry and our colour matched aluminum, shake, stone, and accessories provide the perfect complements and finishing touches to any project. Our products maximize curb appeal and benefit installers by minimizing labour requirements.
Mitten Building Products is a growing company in the building products industry backed by Cornerstone Building Brands, providing us with stability and strength in the North American market. Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of vinyl windows in North America with brands you’ve come to know and trust. We have endless building product options from standard to specialty to customized to whatever you’re looking for. But it’s our service capabilities that sets us apart.
At Mitten Building Products, we strive to produce a continuous stream of market leading products and services. We are creative and seek to recognize, embrace and apply new ideas and commercialize them more quickly than our competitors. We relentlessly seek to raise the bar on our products and services. We establish a reputation for innovation, quality and service that differentiates us from our competitors and enables us to tailor products and services to be the market leader.
Our building solutions are the cornerstone of the communities we serve. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Why Join Our Team
Our employees are empowered to make a meaningful impact on our success while pursuing a wide range of opportunities to meet your personal aspirations for development and advancement within a stable, growing Canadian industry leader.
What You Can Expect from our Company
- You will be Part of a Winning Team
- You Can Capitalize on Your Opportunities and Make an Impact
- You Will Be Well Rewarded for Your Contributions to our Success
- You’ll work for a growing company with an excellent reputation in our sector for providing great products and customer service
- Competitive and tangible rewards that provide fair compensation relative to expectations and effort including base earnings, benefits for you and your family, and contributions toward your retirement savings
- Additional performance-based compensation depending on your role
- Competitive vacation time and flexibility in work schedules and location consistent with your role
- Resources and support to help you manage your personal wellness
What the Company Expects of our Team
- Bring yourself fully to work each day
- Playing your role on the team so together we Win as One
- Welcoming and Driving Change to support our continued evolution
- Help drive the success of our Canadian Business through living our universal core values
- Making an Impact to ensure our continued success
Mitten Building Products is currently looking to hire a full time Industrial Millwright to join our team!
EARN A SIGNING AND RETENTION BONUS OF $1,500
The Plant Maintenance Millwright will work as part of a team to install, test, troubleshoot and repair, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in a manufacturing environment. This individual will have the ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and specifications in order to provide troubleshooting and repair services. The Industrial Millwright will also routinely perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and components in order to ensure the continued safe, efficient and effective operations of all equipment and fixtures utilized by the organization.
Reporting to the Maintenance Lead Hand, the incumbent is responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment by interpreting drawings, performing layouts and assembling parts.
- Diagnose, trouble shoot, maintenance and repair production equipment, tools, dies, and fixtures
- Perform scheduled maintenance on production equipment
- Make recommendations on changes to equipment, method or
- Use a variety of tools and measuring equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment, tools, dies, and fixtures
- Able to work from blueprints
- Ability to work at heights when
- Working knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Operate a fork lift truck as required
- Ensure all safety devices are properly adjusted, in place, and all procedures are followed
- All other duties as assigned
- Shift – continental nights after a short training period on days
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Licensed Millwright
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Knowledge in automated machine systems
- Team player with the ability to communicate with Maintenance and Production Supervisors on areas of concern related to production
- Understanding of the importance of compliance with safety procedures and good housekeeping standards
- Rate with 2 years experience $38.00/hr
- Paid medical and dental benefits
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Training and Tuition Reimbursement