Website Mitten Building Products
Who We Are
Mitten is the original Canadian manufacturer and market leader of vinyl siding. Our continued focus on operational excellence has set the industry benchmark for service, quality, performance and design, backed by the best in class lifetime warranty. As a coast to coast distributor of premium exterior building products we are the link between architects, builders and installers providing an endless variety of business and design solutions. As part of the Cornerstone Building Brands family, we are the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our Canadian made vinyl siding has the largest and boldest colour palette in the industry and our colour matched aluminum, shake, stone, and accessories provide the perfect complements and finishing touches to any project. Our products maximize curb appeal and benefit installers by minimizing labour requirements.
Mitten Building Products is a growing company in the building products industry backed by Cornerstone Building Brands, providing us with stability and strength in the North American market. Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of vinyl windows in North America with brands you’ve come to know and trust. We have endless building product options from standard to specialty to customized to whatever you’re looking for. But it’s our service capabilities that sets us apart.
At Mitten Building Products, we strive to produce a continuous stream of market leading products and services. We are creative and seek to recognize, embrace and apply new ideas and commercialize them more quickly than our competitors. We relentlessly seek to raise the bar on our products and services. We establish a reputation for innovation, quality and service that differentiates us from our competitors and enables us to tailor products and services to be the market leader.
Our building solutions are the cornerstone of the communities we serve. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Why Join Our Team
Our employees are empowered to make a meaningful impact on our success while pursuing a wide range of opportunities to meet your personal aspirations for development and advancement within a stable, growing Canadian industry leader.
What You Can Expect from our Company
- You will be Part of a Winning Team
- You Can Capitalize on Your Opportunities and Make an Impact
- You Will Be Well Rewarded for Your Contributions to our Success
- You’ll work for a growing company with an excellent reputation in our sector for providing great products and customer service
- Competitive and tangible rewards that provide fair compensation relative to expectations and effort including base earnings, benefits for you and your family, and contributions toward your retirement savings
- Additional performance-based compensation depending on your role
- Competitive vacation time and flexibility in work schedules and location consistent with your role
- Resources and support to help you manage your personal wellness
What the Company Expects of our Team
- Bring yourself fully to work each day
- Playing your role on the team so together we Win as One
- Welcoming and Driving Change to support our continued evolution
- Help drive the success of our Canadian Business through living our universal core values
- Making an Impact to ensure our continued success
Mitten Inc. / Mitten Inc. is currently looking to hire a full time
Industrial Electrician to join our team!
EARN A SIGNING AND RETENTION BONUS OF $1,500!!
The Plant Maintenance Electrician will work as part of a team to install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in a manufacturing environment. This individual will have the ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and specifications in order to provide troubleshooting and repair services. The Industrial Electrician will also routinely perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and components in order to ensure the continued safe, efficient and effective operations of all equipment and fixtures utilized by the organization.
- Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, electrical code specifications and schematics in order to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance through inspection of electrical systems, equipment and
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date maintenance
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and
- Change out electrical and mechanical components/equipment as production runs
- Perform mechanical related functions on plant equipment and machinery as required
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all relevant organizational, provincial and federal safety regulations, codes and
- Industrial Electrician 442A Certification or 309 A License
- Minimum 2 years’ Industrial Electrician experience required with preference given to those with a background in a manufacturing
- Ability to work independently in a busy
- Experience with routine maintenance operations as this position performs routine mechanical maintenance functions on machinery and
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in
- Able to work well under
- Strong attention to
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and
- Knowledge of safe operating
- Extrusion experience an Benefits
- Rate with 2 years experience $38.00/hr
- Paid medical and dental benefits
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Training and Tuition Reimbursement