Indigenous education, Canada's future.
This position will provide a suitable candidate with valuable experience in the field of government relations, public policy, proposal writing and government reporting. Training for the successful candidate will be provided by the Vice President of Indigenous and Government Relations. Training will include: prospect research, basic database training, report submission, proposal writing, government affairs strategies and tactics, and various administrative tasks.
- Develop greater prospect research of potential public-sector partners at the federal, provincial and municipal levels of government across Canada
- Create various briefing notes and prospect lists
- Research and create public sector partner reports; updating partner records and briefing notes
- Assist with public sector reporting requirements
- Gather required information from Education, Development and Finance teams to complete reports
- Develop timeline for gathering required reporting information
- Respond to government requests for more information as needed
- Assist with Raiser’s Edge database
- Completion of a college diploma or degree preferred plus a minimum of 1- year experience in a non-profit fundraising department or in a similar environment;
- Prior experience in public policy, political science or public administration is desirable
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and exceptional process management and organization skills;
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality;
- Must be detail oriented and be able to manage projects independently
- Proactive, and innovative problem solver;
- Knowledge of or experience working with Indigenous cultures/traditions is an asset;
- Work experience with a charity is an asset.
As this position is grant funded candidates must:
- Be a resident of the Greater Toronto Area
- Identify as from a First Nation, Métis or Inuit background
- Be registered (or eligible to register) with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . We appreciate your interest, but only qualified applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.
Job Posting will remain open until filled.