Website Grand Erie District School Board
The Grand Erie District School Board’s 2,800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the
City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The Board requires a qualified full-time HVAC Technician.
The HVAC Technician will troubleshoot, maintain, repair and perform diagnostics on a diverse range of HVAC equipment and mechanical devices including roof top units, chiller systems, cooling towers, boilers, heat pumps
and all other related electrical components in a quick and efficient manner in an institutional setting and at numerous site locations. The successful candidate will perform general and specific equipment inspections and
adhere to all safety rules and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements
• Must have provincial Certificate of Qualification as a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
(Ontario- 313D) which will be maintained by the applicant during the term of employment.
• A Gas Technician G1 certificate as relating to Ontario Regulation 212 made under the Technical Standards and Safety Act 2000 or be G2 certified willing and able to successfully complete G1 certification within 2 years required.
• Must have a valid ODP (Ozone Depletion Prevention) certificate
• Must possess a minimum of a Class G Driver’s License, which must be maintained by the applicant during the term of employment.
• Minimum of 3 years of field experience in service of water heaters and HVAC equipment required.
• Must have excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills and be able to discuss and present information to supervisors, principals, staff, and government agencies.
• Current computer skills to operate within a Microsoft Windows environment, access the internet, use the Board’s e-mail system, and with a willingness and ability to train to an operational level in the E-base work order system in a timely fashion is required.
• Must be knowledgeable and have the ability to understand and apply the Mechanical Refrigeration, Boiler, Gas and Buildings Codes.
• Must be able to read blue prints, work from sketches, estimate material and layout and install new equipment.
• Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts and standby duties as needed.
• Must be physically capable of performing all work required including occasional lifting of 15kg up to shoulder height, frequent bending, squatting and kneeling, working inside and outside in all types of weather.
• Must be punctual and dependable.
• Must wear Board approved uniform that is provided
• Must maintain Board vehicle to a neat, clean and safe standard.
• Additional qualifications, abilities and experience relative to the duties to be performed may be considered an asset when determining the award of this position.
Hours: Full-time 40 hours per week, 12 months per year; position may be on afternoon shift (3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.)
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Hourly Rate: $29.24/hour (for G1), $25.76 (for G2). A very competitive benefit package is available. If your qualifications, positive attitude and commitment to excellence make you an ideal candidate for
consideration, please submit your application, marked “personal and confidential”, which includes a complete resume, cover letter (one document if submitted electronically) with the names and telephone numbers of at least three professional references; your current supervisor must be provided as a reference.
Your application must be received by 4:00 p.m. Tuesday May 25, 2021. Apply to: The Grand Erie District School Board
349 Erie Avenue, Brantford, Ontario N3T 5V3
Fax (519) 759-5362 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote posting FS 12-20-21
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance. All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector screen”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.