Website Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services
Closing: Posting will remain open until position is filled
Term: Full-Time (35 hours per week) 1-year contract *possibility for extension dependent on funding
Salary Range: $35,400 to $41,572
Our Vision is “to lead the design, development and delivery of sustainable and culturally appropriate housing that
promotes excellence in the Indigenous community and organizational infrastructures.”
We are currently seeking a Housing Services Representative for any of our offices located in Dryden, Sault Ste. Marie,
Hamilton, and Peterborough.
As the Housing Services Representative, you will be an integral member of the Operations Team, responsible for
providing high-quality tenant services and a range of administrative and program support to achieve team and
organization goals. The successful candidate will be a goal oriented, organized, enthusiastic individual who understands
and appreciates how safe, affordable housing contributes to the quality of life.
Please note that you are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be scheduled as applications are received.
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Ontario
Aboriginal Housing Services also welcomes and supports diversity including those who identify as LGBTQ2S+.
Application URL: https://careers.risepeople.com/ontario-aboriginal-housing-support-services-corporation/en
In meeting the objectives and vision of the organization, preference will be given to qualified individuals of First
Nation, Métis, or Inuit ancestry, and are asked to self-identify on their cover letter.
We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• In return for your ongoing excellent performance, strong work ethic, and commitment to our vision, mission,
values, strategic plan, and the people we serve, Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services offers a comprehensive
compensation package. This comprehensive compensation package includes:
o Challenging and fulfilling work; an inclusive and supportive team; and a work environment steeped in
and guided by Indigenous culture;
o Comprehensive medical & dental benefits;
o $1000 Health Spending Account + $1000 Wellness Spending Account per employee
o Additional paid holidays (in addition to statutory holidays) include Louis Riel Day, National Indigenous
Peoples Day, Remembrance Day, and Family Day;
o Opportunity for cultural, educational, and other approved leaves;
o Supported training opportunities for personal and professional development while reciprocally
enhancing organizational capacity;
o A competitive salary in pay band B4 with a range of $35,400 to $41,572
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Support OAHS’s mission and vision and make significant contributions to the achievement of the corporate
• Assisting with the delivery of various programs according to specified policies, procedures and program
• Maintaining electronic and manual filing systems and program database systems for program delivery in
accordance with specified procedures;
• Maintaining the regional Central Applicant Registry (CAR) and communicating housing opportunities to the
community through various channels as required;
• Interviewing and recommending applicants for housing opportunities;
• Providing administrative support and reception duties as required;
• Preparing correspondence including reports, spreadsheets, graphics, presentations, emails, letters, and Tenant
Newsletters as required;
• Complete move ins for new tenants and complete rent calculations for current tenants;
• Working closely with Property Managers, CSBC’s and other staff; and
• Other duties and training as required.
To qualify for this role, the successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
• Knowledge of and an appreciation for Indigenous culture and demonstrated values that focus on assisting
• College Diploma/Certification in Business Administration or Social Studies or combination of education and
• Knowledge in Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Databases, Accounting Systems, Project Tracking Software
and/or specific experience with Business Management Systems would be considered an asset;
• Have a strong background and understanding of the Social Housing Act and Housing Services Act, 2011;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently within a highly motivated, professional and results-oriented team;
• Effective communication skills with individuals coming from all walks of life;
• Able to follow through and complete projects; and
• Experience working in Social Housing environment would be an asset.
Conditions of employment:
• Ability to work varying hours/days if required;
• Valid CPIC (Criminal Records Check) required;
• Current, valid Ontario Driver’s License and safe driving record;
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
• Ability to sit at as desk for extended periods of time during the work day
• Ability to use office equipment and computer software programs; and
• Ability to lift up to 20lbs