Job seekers: Did you know that could be eligible for up to $2000 in employment transition supports just for obtaining a full-time job?! Fill out the Client Intake Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Department: Property Management
Location: Oneida Business Park
Reporting to the Grounds Management Supervisor the Grounds Management Staff is responsible to provide clearing, ground and building maintenance services within the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation. The chosen candidate will work within the policies and procedures established by the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate lawnmowers, weed eaters, and other small machinery.
- Assist with general building maintenance.
- General custodial services as required by various departments.
- Assist with construction or property management projects.
- Day to day operations and maintenance logging of work completed, outstanding, supplies and repairs needed, contract workers.
- Respond to emergencies repairs or maintenance and notify the appropriate individuals.
- Communicate professionally with contractors, tenants, community members, government officials, and land owners.
- Clean, maintain and keep all tools organized and in good working condition.
- Participates in and completes all required SNGRDC training.
- Assist in other operations in the Property Management and/or SNGRDC portfolio to ensure customer service and operational needs are met.
- Completes WHIMIS training.
- Ensure Health and Safety Guidelines are followed.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to perform well under pressure and to assess and prioritize workload.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive with the ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Demonstrated professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to embrace and champion change.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Follows and ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle the public with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Must have a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent with one (1) years of work experience.
- Must have a minimum of Grade 10 or equivalent with two (2) years of work experience.
- Chainsaw certificate would be an asset.
- Possess a valid G Driver’s License.
- Possess or be willing to obtain WHMIS certificate.
- Experience/competency operating power tools, small/heavy equipment, custodial equipment, and farm/landscaping machinery safely.
- Must pass police record check.
- Flexible (extra hours may be required on occasion).
IMPACT OF ERROR:
- This position requires medium physical effort.
- Working indoor and outdoor and exposure to varying weather conditions.
- This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
- This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment
Public relations with community members.
Grounds Management Supervisor
At Six Nations of the Grand River, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive, safe and respectful workplace. Human Resources will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, as may be requested and/or required by law. If you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to Human Resources at email@example.com.
NOTE: If you are unable to apply through the website, resumes can be dropped off at the Tourism building between 9:00am and 4:00pm Monday-Friday.
PLEASE USE THIS LINK TO APPLY https://sngrdc.criterionhcm.com/jobs/200/1/24