The MISSISSAUGAS OF THE CREDIT FIRST NATION is accepting applications for the contract position of
“Employment Support Assistant”
Closing Date: Thursday November 25, 2021 @ 12:00PM
The Employment Support Assistant is responsible for providing assistance to the Ontario Works Caseworker in the employment activities as described through the Ontario Works Act and Regulated guidelines by:
- Supporting Ontario Works clients in preparing to obtain and sustain employment;
- Making referrals to other programs/services in the community or outside agencies that meet the needs of the client.
Educational Qualifications/Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one year of related work experience.
- Ongoing education and training in addictions support, as necessary to deliver appropriate services to clients
- Solid background in computers with specific knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- General knowledge of the operations of the Department.
- Basic knowledge of customer service.
- Basic knowledge of office equipment.
- Be able to demonstrate strong communication skills;
- Must have excellent facilitation and administrative skills;
- Must have good judgment and be able to understand written instructions and general policy statements;
- Must be reliable and punctual;
- Must be flexible in receiving work assignments and participate in training as required;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with limited supervision;
- Ability to relate effectively to community members;
- Must be able to handle clients in crisis and deal with stressful situations in an effective manner.
- Must have a valid Class “G” driver’s license and use of a vehicle;
- Must sign off on a confidentiality agreement;
- Must be able to work flexible hours as required;
- Must provide a Criminal Reference Check with satisfactory results.
Salary: $18.80 – $26.33 per hour, dependant on years of experience.
Contract Terms: 20 Hours per week – 12 month contract, or upon the return of the incumbent whichever occurs first.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, proof of educational qualifications and three current references to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the MCFN Admin Building or by email at email@example.com
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.