The MISSISSAUGAS OF THE CREDIT FIRST NATION is accepting applications for the full time, CONTRACT position of:
Elementary Teacher-Primary/Junior – Lloyd S. King Elementary School” (2 Vacancies)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- The Teacher is responsible for ensuring that each child has an opportunity to reach his/her maximum potential, through the creation and implementation of suitable programs and teaching styles to meet individual student needs. The Teacher will treat all students in a fair and equitable manner.
- The Teacher will adhere to the Ontario College of Teachers Foundation of Professional Practice, including Ethical Standards for the Teaching Profession, Standards of Practice for the Teaching Profession, and Professional Framework for the Teaching Profession.
Education and Experience
- A member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Curriculum documents from the Ministry of Education
- Anishinaabe culture and traditions
- Child development
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective communication with other staff members, administration, parents and students
- Ability to integrate First Nation culture into the curriculum
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and week-ends
- Must provide the results of a current criminal reference check including a vulnerable sector check
- Must have a Safe Food Handler’s Certificate or be willing to obtain one as soon as possible
- Previous teaching experience in a First Nation community
- First Aid / CPR certification
- Non-violent crisis intervention training
Salary: As per the Teacher’s Salary Grid, commensurate with experience
Contract Term: Until June 30, 2022
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three current references (in addition to the above) to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
RR#6 Hagersville, ON
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email at the address listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the Admin Building or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.