Website Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
The Cultural Awareness Assistant supports tourism-related projects that further Moccasin Identifier’s mandate of Treaty awareness and relationships between non-Indigenous and Indigenous Peoples. This position will be responsible for reporting directly to the Cultural Awareness Coordinator and the Culture & Events Coordinator.
As the Cultural Awareness Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the Cultural Awareness Coordinator with tourism and cultural awareness activities in the community, maintaining and developing relationships with tourism organizations, executing various project tasks, identifying funding sources, and supporting the Three Fires Collaborative Quest with Indigenous Tourism Ontario (ITO) in developing and coordinating cultural and Treaty awareness workshop(s) and experiential land-based interactive storytelling (i.e. Augmented Reality (AR)).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 or equivalent plus 5 years related work experience
OR a College Diploma in Tourism, Business, Marketing or related field plus 2 years’ experience
OR a comparable combination of education and experience relevant to the position
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A passion for cultural awareness initiatives, community tourism or a keen interest to learn about the tourism sector
- Strong research skills & thorough understanding of treaties
- Experience in the community tourism and/or community development sector is an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Willingness to learn and share information openly
- Ability to travel
- Experience in grant writing and fund applications preferred
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be available mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Results of a current criminal reference check
Salary: $33,500.00 Based on a 37.5 Hour Work Week
Contract term: ASAP –until March 31, 2023
Please submit your cover letter, resume, proof of educational qualifications and three current references to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the MCFN Admin Building or by email at email@example.com
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Moccasin Identifier strongly encourages Indigenous applicants to apply for the position.