Website Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
In accordance with the Mississaugas of the Credit Organizational Policy, the Cook is responsible for the preparation of quality meals that are appropriate for children and seniors by Preparing written meal plans according to Canada’s Food Guide, implementing the meal plans, Ensuring the proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment utilized for food preparation and completing all the required administration processes with regard to provision of meals.
Basic Mandatory Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus two years’ experience in the food service industry
- Knowledge of Canada’s Food Guide
- Current certificate in Safe Food Handlers course
- Current Health Assessment with proof of immunization, signed by a medical doctor
- Doctor’s certificate stating the applicant is able to perform the requirements of the job (ability to lift up to 50 lbs, able to stand, walk for long periods of time, reaching, bending)
- Current (within 1 year) Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Must have a vehicle and Class “G” driver’s license
TERM: Casual, on call – subject to variable hours during the day/week
HOURLY RATE: $16.90/hr
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road,
Applications will also be accepted at the email address listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the Administration Office, or by email at
Miigwech to all who apply.