Website JLM Metal Recycling
Reports to: Tyler / Jamie Maillet
The Dismantler/ Parts Puller is responsible for removing fluids for containment and various auto parts from headlights to engines and transmissions without damaging them in a safe and efficient manner.
JLM is seeking three dismantlers in Waterford and 1-2 in Hagersville. Background knowledge of the automotive an asset. Successful applicants should know the mechanics under the hood and understand the functions of a vehicle. No prior professional experience required.
- Drain fluids from vehicles in an environmentally friendly manner using the proper equipment
- Removing parts without damage and assessing them for resale
- Remove cores and place in the correct container
- Find ways to conserve resources, including organizational skills, to benefit the business
- Comply with all house keeping skills
- Comply with Ministry of Environment and in-house regulations and rules
- Assist periodically with special projects as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous dismantling experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills to provide inventory updates and tracking
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The hours for this position are from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday and Saturday’s from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00pm with a 30 min unpaid break and two paid 20 min breaks. Some overtime may be required.
- Personal protective equipment must be worn
- This job requires frequent heavy lifting
- This job requires a set of tools ex. Strong pry bar, good set of sockets 7mm-21mm ½” drive & 3/8” drive, ball peen hammer, basic screw drivers flat head and star, optional side cutters.
- Worksite environment is outdoors under a coverall building and can be noisy, dusty & physically demanding
To inquire about this position, please contact email@example.com
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCRETION
The incumbent must maintain the confidentiality of all company and customer information and must not discuss such matters outside of JLM Metal Recycling. Tact and discretion must be used in all dealings with all customers and potential customers to maintain a positive image of JLM Metal Recycling.