Summer Challenge Program
Are you an unemployed high school student (15-18) with little to no work experience? Spend your summer preparing for your future with the Summer Challenge Program! This 3-week program is an excellent opportunity for youth from Six Nations to participate in job readiness training and gain valuable work experience in a summer job creation program.
Each week of the program will involve programming from Mon-Thursday. Homework packages with 6 hours of job readiness, career planning, goal setting and job search workshops (dropped off on Monday). A family meal prep assignment with a Zoom session with staff from Six Nations Health Services. On-site training/trip day each Thursday from 9:30-3 pm (cultural teachings/leadership training).
Benefits of the program:
- Learn to set realistic career goals for yourself
- Identify your own unique skills/abilities building self-confidence
- Earn money while you prepare for your future
What’s in it for me?
- 3 days of job readiness work packages/ home projects (3 hrs/day) each week
- 1 project/trip day on-site at GREAT each week (activities pending COVID restrictions)
- Receive a weekly stipend
Contact GREAT to get started at 519-445-2222 or contact email@example.com