Next Youth Job Connection Starts Sep. 13th!
The Youth Job Connection program serves youth aged 15 to 29 by providing more intensive supports beyond traditional job search and placement opportunities. Supports include paid pre-employment training to promote job readiness, job matching and paid job placements (with placement supports for participants and hiring incentives for employers), mentorship services, and education and work transitions supports. The overall goal of the program is for participants to achieve long-term, meaningful careers upon completion of the program.
The program consists of:
- PAID pre-employment workshops
- Job-matching and paid job placement including placement support for participants and incentives for employers
- Job mentorship and counselling support
- Employment transition support
Jobs placements and employment transition supports are dependent on current COVID restrictions.
- Participants receive a stipend when they participate in pre-employment services. The amount of the stipend is set at the provincial minimum wage*, per participant. Clients are required to complete a minimum of sixty (60) hours of pre-employment workshops, up to a maximum of ninety (90) hours.
- Employment Supports are available, to a maximum of $1000. Exceptions over the maximum limit are permitted for persons with disabilities. Examples of supports that can be covered include work clothing, equipment, childcare and transportation costs.
- Employers are eligible for a maximum wage subsidy, of up to the current minimum wage rate, per hour.
THE NEXT YJC START DATE IS SEP 13TH 2021!
To inquiry about this program, please contact Employment and Training Coach, Marjorie Henhawk, via e-mail at email@example.com or via text/call at 519-732-6128.
For more information about the program visit: https://greatsn.com/programs/eo-youth-job-connection/