GREAT Outdoor Job Fair
Grand River Employment and Training is pleased to announce that it will be hosting an Outdoor Job Fair on Tuesday, September 21st, from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm at Chiefswood Park.
It is no doubt that employers and job seekers have been severely impacted as a result of the pandemic. At GREAT, our vision is a prosperous community that has equal access to sustainable employment, however, over the last few years, this has been a challenge. We are thrilled to bring a Job Fair back to the community in hopes of assisting those who are struggling to secure employment during this time.
ALL attendees and participating employers MUST adhere to COVID policies and guidelines as well as complete screening prior to entering the event. Although the event is outdoors, masks will be required.
Supports/activities offered on-site for attendees:
- Connect with local ready-to-hire employers across all industries
- Resume/cover letter assistance
- Information about programs and services for job seekers
- Free professional headshots
- Food trucks on site
- Swag bags
- All attendees and employers will be screened upon arrival. This process will include screening questions, temperature checks, and collecting names and phone numbers for contact tracing purposes.
- Masks will be required for entry despite the event being outdoors to keep community members and employers safe.
- All employer booths will be 6ft apart, and signage will be present to remind attendees to socially distance themselves when possible.
- Handwashing stations will be set up throughout the venue.
- GREAT will be providing employers with hand sanitiser in addition to the handwashing stations as well as face shields.
Location: Chiefswood Park, 1037 Brant County Hwy 54, Ohsweken, ON N0A 1M0.
When: Tuesday, September 21st, 2021
Time: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- IUOE Local 793 – International Union of Operating Engineers
- First Nations Construction Group
- Kelly Services
- BB Gun Contracting Ltd
- Dixieland Grill
- Jukasa Radio
- Six Nations Council (representing council departments)
- Ohsweken Tim Horton’s (recruiting for both Ohsweken locations)
- Centre for Indigenous Theatre
- Original Trades Energy
- Townline Variety
- Six Nations Economic Development Corporation (Chiefswood Park, Six Nations Tourism, and the Six Nations Bingo Hall)
- Grand Erie District School Board
- Thrive Cannabis/Venn Cannabis
- Budget Environmental Group
- Paramount Consulting
- Glazier’s Local 1795
- Sx Nations Lifelong Learning Taskforce
- Six Nations Fire Department
- Canada Post
- Carpenter’s Union (Cambridge)
- Tourism Industry Association of Ontario
- Six Nations Police
- Brantford General Hospital
If you are recruiting and would like to join us for this event, we will be recruiting employers leading up to next week. Please contact Catherine Porter at email@example.com or 519-717-4952.