Website Six Nations Housing Department
Six Nations Housing Department
Position: Maintenance Staff – Student
Reports to and works under the direction and supervision of the Six Nations Housing Department
Purpose & Scope of the Position:
To assist Six Nations Housing in the performance of the following services:
To provide cleaning, ground and building maintenance services for the Iroquois Plaza, Welfare, White Pines Wellness Centre, Housing rental units and all other Six Nations Housing owned buildings within the policies and procedures established by Six Nations Council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate lawn mowers, weed eaters, small equipment
- Assist with general building maintenance
- General daily maintenance and custodial services per department
- Maintain log book of daily duties completed.
- Communicate professionally with contractors, tenants, community members.
- Other Functions
- Related duties as may be required
Requires extensive physical activity; outside summer work. Requires travel and extensive interaction with the public; subject to interruptions and deadlines; ability to work independently with little supervision.
With the Six Nations Housing Director
Receives direction, guidance and discusses plans, prioritizes or interacts to ensure tasks are done efficiently and effectively, receives instruction and supervision
With Other Staff
Courtesy, cooperation and teamwork with all staff to provide efficient and ongoing maintenance functions.
Represents and promotes Six Nations Housing Maintenance Department in a courteous, positive and cooperative manner, provides information and assistance.
Maintains courteous service oriented relationship
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have a minimum of Grade 10 education
- Possess initiative and ability to work independently
- Exhibit good organizational skills and ability to take direction
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Familiar with Council departments relevant to Six Nations Housing endeavours
- Class G Driver’s licence would be an asset
- Enrolled in the Building Maintenance Mechanic Apprenticeship Program an asset
- Experience/competency operating power tools, small/heavy equipment and custodial equipment safely
Impact of Error:
Error in judgment and conduct of duties could lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, confusion and misinformation being provided to other staff or departments. Errors in conduct could result in unsafe conditions for other field staff.
Guiding principles set by the Six Nations Council. Must work within the Policies and Procedures established by the Six Nations Housing Department