This 16-week program will be facilitated by KRTS, OSTTC, and GREAT. The Certified Transportation and Construction (Heavy Equipment Operator + AZ License) Program in Partnership with the Skills Development Fund, will include 3-weeks of in field for construction, 50 hours of one-on-one in truck training, in-yard training, online learning, and classroom instruction for both transportation and construction portions, a 4-week paid work placement, and a two-week culture and language component. Totaling 16-weeks of training for students.
- KRTS Certificate of Achievement
- TTSAO Certificate
- PTDI Certificate
- Smart Driver Certificate
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate of Achievement
- Heavy Equipment Operator Wallet Card
- Forklift Certification and Wallet Card
To officially enroll, students must complete the following steps before the program’s registration deadline date – July 16th, 2021. GREAT and OSTTC are available to support students with retrieving the following information and can also cover any expenses associated.
1. Complete the registration process through OSTTC to begin your academic assessment:
2. Medical Exam – This form needs to be filled out and signed by your family physician:
3. Clean Driver’s Abstract:
4. Complete Written AZ Road Test
- This test is administered through DriveTest Ontario. Tests are still operating for commercial licensing.
- At the DriveTest Centre, you will be required to present acceptable ID, and provide a valid and complete medical report form.
- For study booklets, head to http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/publications/handbooks.shtml to access their Truck and Airbrake Handbooks. You will need both study books for your written test.
- The test is $120.00 and covers your written test that day as well as the on-road test, 6 weeks after the written test.
5. Complete the virtual interview with KRTS Customer Service Representative.
Your spot will not be confirmed until all pre-requisites are in. Spots are first come first serve.
- 18+ Years of Age
- Status as well as Non-Status, Inuit, Metis, and self-identifying
- Valid, G-Class License
- Currently not enrolled in training
- 10-week training facilitated by KRTS
- 4-week paid placement with local skills trade employer
- 2-week culture and language training facilitated by GREAT
10-Week Training with KRTS Includes:
- Basic Driving Techniques
- Tractor-Trailer Off-Road Tasks
- Vehicle Inspection
- Air Brake
- Safety on the Job
- Electrical Clearances
- Trench Safety
- Unloading Equipment and Trucks
- Servicing and Preventative Maintenance
- Loader / Backhoe
- Excavator, and more!
Program will run from
July 26 – October 1
July 16, 2021
(must have prerequisites for program completed
by this date)
Under ‘Please Select Program’ select ‘Heavy Equipment Operator’ and continue to fill out the remainder of the form.
Indigenous persons must inquire for funding separately through GREAT.
For more information please contact: