Under the direction of the Development Coordinator, the Development Assistant is responsible for assisting the Development Coordinator in the implementation of several fundraising initiatives. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is interested in gaining experience in database management, tracking of donations, development, partnership development, fundraising strategy, social media marketing, and administration. The Development Assistant will work within the policies and procedures established by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in all stages of fundraising endeavors, including the Save the Evidence Campaign
- Assist in maintaining our fundraising files and databases
- Assist with major fundraising initiatives like Orange Shirt Day and Giving Tuesday
- Administration related to donor management, including thank you letters and website updates
- Assist in the planning and implementation of fundraising social media and Marketing strategy
- Supporting the roll out of third-party fundraising initiatives and programs to encourage greater support of Woodland Cultural Centre.
- Providing support to the development team by updating tracking documents, building reports, and creating presentations.
- Managing the development’s email inbox, responding with professionalism to all inquiries in a timely and thoughtful manner.
- Possible front desk reception coverage, welcoming guests as they come in and using the POS
- Be familiar with the Centre’s programs and upcoming events
- Promote a positive image of Woodland Cultural Centre to the community and the public
- Experience working with excel, and working knowledge of basic excel formulas and functions
- Knowledge of relevant computer software (emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Teams)
- Good organizational skills, and willing to learn in an office environment
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Time management skills, and completion of assigned projects
- Able to work as a team as well as independently
- Experience working on a fundraising campaign is an asset
- Experience working with CanadaHelps, or any donor management software is an asset
- Possess knowledge and understanding of Indigenous people, their culture, history and traditions, especially in Ontario.
- Possess a knowledge of the Woodland Cultural Centre’s mandate, programs, services and resources.
- The Development Assistant’s regular hours are from 9-4:30, Monday to Friday. Some work may be required outside of regular hours.
- The Development Assistant position will be heavy in office work, with physical requirements for computer work, filing, and typing.
- Development Coordinator
- Executive Director
If you would like to apply to this position please use the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org