Position: Wellness Worker (2 positions)
Department: Human Services
Hours: hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: Based on education and experience 35
Posting Date: December 2, 2021
Closing Date: December 15, 2021 at 4:30p.m.
Under the immediate supervision of the Community Wellness Coordinator, the Wellness Worker develops and implements holistic programs, services, and provides basic counselling for Oneida Nation commun ity members that are experiencing mental health and addict ions . The Wellness Worker will provide co mmunit y engagement, initial intake, screening, assess ment, liaison, advocacy and referrals.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Social Work, Community Worker or related field, REQUIRED;
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers (applicable for Social Workers and Social Service Workers);
- Minimum two (2) years’ work experience in delivering programming, counselling, and case management;
- Certificate in Addictions Counselling or willing to obt ai n;
- Certificate in Life Skills or willing to obt ai n;
- The successful candidate must submit a current VS-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting em ployment ;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of valid driver’s license, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of valid First Aid/CPR certification, prior to starting employment ;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (cert ificat es, diploma s, degrees, ) , prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;
- Resume ;
- Three (3) reference s, one (1) supervisor from most recent employer and two (2) work related from previous employe r (names and telephone numbers only).
Submit all mandatory documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
- All applications will be screened according to the above quali fi cat ions, including a full and complete application as requested
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is a preference .
- Where non-Aboriginal employees have accepted, as a term of their employment, that they may be displaced in preference to an Aboriginal can didat e, the Oneida Nation of the Thames must still treat the non-Aboriginal employee in a fair and reasonable manner, by for example, ensuring that adequate notice of termination is given. It is not acceptable to dismiss a per manent employee in favour of an Aboriginal employee if no preferential policy or practice was in place at the time of the permanent hiring.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations please contact Human Resources
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email email@example.com.
“People of the Standing Stone”