Website Tyndale University
Tyndale Seminary, a transdenominational graduate school of theology in the evangelical, Protestant tradition, invites applications and nominations for a full-time faculty position in pastoral ministry.
- Develop and teach courses in homiletics, and pastoral ministry at the undergraduate, Master’s and doctorate levels (intro to preaching, advanced preaching, preaching electives)
- Lead the preaching and communication concentration in the Doctor of Ministry program (teaching homiletics and communication, advising students, participating in hearings, and some administrative and committee work)
- In partnership with the other members of the practical theology department, champion a vision for excellence in pastoral studies at the seminary
- Mentor and supervise students toward their development as congregational leaders
- Engage in research, writing and publishing in homiletics and communication as well as the broader field of pastoral ministry and congregational life
- Develop other courses in area of interest
- Participate fully in the academic and community life of the seminary including assigned departmental and committee work
- Network with ministry leaders in the constituency and forge linkages between the seminary and the field
- Participate in the faith life of a local congregation
- Earned doctorate in a relevant field focused on homiletics
- Record of significant and effective pastoral leadership
- Proven experience in teaching, preaching, mentoring and research
- Experience in digital forms of communication and online learning an asset
- Capacity to engage critically and reflectively with the nature and mission of the church in a secularized, pluralistic, post-Christendom context
- Committed to a missional understanding of the global church
- Familiarity with the Canadian context required
- Creative, energetic, and passionate about the formation of women and men for Christian ministry
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the position, a statement of faith, and a complete curriculum vitae. The names and contact data for referees will be required once initial screening is complete. Review of applications will begin February 15, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates will be considered. However, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Questions and applications can be submitted in confidence to Tyndale University Human Resources at email@example.com.