Website Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation
Reporting to the Chiefswood Park Manager, the Chiefswood Park Attendant will assist in managing the administrative and operational services of Chiefswood Park, located in the Six Nations of the Grand River Community. The Chiefswood Park Attendant will work within the policies and procedures established by the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in administering the daily operations of Chiefswood Park.
- Act as first point of contact, greeting visitors/tourists as they enter the park, answering, screening calls, and responding to inquiries.
- Responsible for facility reservations and will allocate and physically designate applicable camp sites and picnic areas as requested.
- Assists in the collection of fees and issues receipts to all patrons wishing to utilize Chiefswood Park.
- Ensure the site welcomes visitors in a friendly and professional manner.
- Assists in the co-ordination and set up of special events
- Assists the Canoe and Kayak Interpreters with canoe and kayak tours and rentals for education programs, community wide groups, families, national and international visitors.
- Promote additional Tourism information to visitors at all sites; including the Cultural Experience Packages
- Assist in strengthening partnerships and relationships with Six Nations attractions, and local community crafters, artisans, business, and community organizations for special events and activities hosted by each Tourism Site.
- Assist in developing and implementing interpretive and educational programming that will enhance the interest for all individuals and abilities.
- Maintain visitor statistics, reporting forms and tour schedules.
- Assist in receiving, recording and reporting all revenue.
- Assist with planning and operations of special promotional events and trade shows.
- Assists in updating and maintaining inventory of all equipment and supplies associated with Chiefswood Park.
- Assist with light maintenance activities such as grass cutting, painting, cleaning and facility clean up.
- Work flexible hours, i.e. weekdays, evenings, weekends, holidays
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Six Nations history and culture or a willingness to learn
- Native language an asset
- Basic training in Canoe and Kayak instruction an asset or a willingness to learn
- Professionally represent and promote Chiefswood Park and Six Nations Tourism while building relationships and networking with outside agencies, not for profit entities and other resources.
- Ability to handle the public and media with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
- Work independently or as a team member, with minimal supervision
- Proactive with time management
- Ability to problem solve and anticipate needs of visitors and peers
- Reliable, responsible and accountable
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to perform well under pressure and to assess and prioritize workload
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Interest or previous knowledge in Outdoor/Recreation Studies, Indigenous Studies, Tourism, or Marketing.
- Valid “G” Driver’s License and transportation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media applications.
- Experience working with the public, managing schedules, and booking meetings.
- Must pass a police record check.
- Willingness to learn, accept change, and adapt to new ideas, business concepts, and cultures.
IMPACT OF ERROR
Error in judgement may lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, public confidence and misinformation resulting in embarrassment and potential liability to the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
The purpose of the Development Corporation is to enhance Six Nations to derive economic benefits, create employment for community members and generate income to support community priorities.
Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation will pursue economic self-sufficiency without sacrificing the cultural values and integrity of the Six Nations People.
Community Members, Six Nations Development Corporation Staff and Human Resource, Six Nations Tourism Manager, Tourism Partners, Maintenance Contractors, Business Partners, and Vendors.
- This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
- This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment.
- There is regular deadline pressure from various sources.
POS Terminal, Bank Deposits, and Booking.
Chiefswood Park Manager