Website Six Nations Cannabis Commission
Six Nations Cannabis Commission – Executive Administrator
Under the direction of the Six Nations Cannabis Commission’s Executive Director, the Executive Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Six Nations Cannabis Commission and its Executive Director.
This position will provide functions to assist with the day to day business of the Commission as it executes its mandate to regulate cannabis industry activity on Six Nations territory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide all administrative support for the Executive Director and the Six Nations Cannabis Commission.
Assist the Executive Director and the Six Nations Cannabis Commission in the implementation of the Six Nations Cannabis Control Law and Regulations.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess certificate or diploma in Office Administrative or related program with 5 years of
employment experience in a similar capacity;
- Business Finance certificate or diploma is an asset;
- Prior experience working with First Nations;
- Expert knowledge of G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, WordPress, and various social media applications.
- Clear Police Records Check (CPIC) with-in one (1) year, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle, prior to starting employment;
- The successful applicant must not have an immediate family member in the cannabis industry
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Excellent planning, organizational skills;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Exceptional leading, influencing and negotiating skills;
- Exceptional conflict resolution skills;
- Exceptional customer relations management;
- Ability to manage stress; and
- Ability to work remotely.
HOURS OF WORK
The hours of employment will be Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm including some evenings or weekends. Due to ongoing pandemic restrictions the successful applicant must be able to work from home, have reliable internet access and have the technical ability to host online video/teleconferencing services.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
1. Cover letter;
3. Copy of diploma(s)
4. One work-related Supervisor and two work-related reference (names, titles and telephone
Interested applicants please submit all mandatory documentation to email@example.com
Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to members of Six Nations of the Grand River or those of First Nation ancestry.
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, we are ONLY accepting electronic copies at this time.
For details on how to apply and a copy of the full job description please send email to email@example.com