GRAND ERIE DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Requires a Purchasing Clerk
The Grand Erie District School Board’s 2,800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The Board requires a qualified Purchasing Clerk to work in a full-time capacity.
The successful candidate will assist in preparing procurement documents for managed competition processes, including assisting in research and preparing statistical reports, planning, scheduling and participating in bidder meetings. Coordinating the distribution, signature and return of all procurement documents, evaluation tools, legal agreements, addenda and amendments within required deadlines and implementing appropriate controls, quality standards and ensuring that risk management strategies are followed that are in place for all procurement initiatives and comply with the BPS are additional responsibilities. The successful candidate will maintain all ongoing contract related documentation and databases to ensure that the agreement language, insurances, financial statements and all applicable files meet the requirement of the contract and are updated prior to expiry and will maintain the filing systems for all procurement related documents (electronic and paper). Supporting the Supervisor of Purchasing with ongoing education to staff regarding contract management policies and procedures to promote staff awareness, understanding and compliance with the contract obligations and maintaining and applying knowledge regarding policies, procedures, laws and regulations that pertain to the procurement of goods and services are other responsibilities. The successful candidate will act as a central clearing point for school Principals and other internal customers seeking purchasing related services and will perform other duties as assigned.
• Community College Diploma in Business Administration, Purchasing or a related field (verification is required)
• A minimum of 2 years of purchasing experience in a similar role is required
• Additional qualifications in procurement, purchasing and/or contract management preferred
• Public Procurement experience preferred
• Knowledge and experience in relation to the Provincial Broader Public Sector directives and
• Knowledge of related Legislation, Regulations and Standards pertaining to the acquisition of goods and services
• Advanced computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications (Word, Excel) and familiarity with computerized contract management applications
• Must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision
• Effective communication (oral and written), and organization skills required
• Must demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ability to prioritize and deal with competing
• Must be a team player
• Strong customer service focus
Hours of Work: 7 hour day; 35 hours per week.
Hourly Rate: $24.82/hour. A very competitive benefit package is available.
Effective Date: As soon as possible.
If your qualifications, positive attitude and commitment to excellence make you an ideal candidate for consideration, please submit your application, marked “personal and confidential”, which includes a complete resume, cover letter (one document if submitted electronically) with the names and telephone numbers of at least three professional references; your current supervisor must be provided as a reference.
Your application must be received by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday June 30, 2021.
The Grand Erie District School Board
349 Erie Avenue, Brantford, Ontario N3T 5V3
Fax (519) 759-5362 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote posting # Cler-Tech 30-20-21
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector screen”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Grand Erie District School Board recognizes the Haudenosaunee and Anishinaabe people, as the traditional
peoples of this territory. We acknowledge and give gratitude to the Indigenous peoples for sharing these lands in order for us to continue our work here today.