Website Grand Erie District School Board
The Grand Erie District School Board is guided by our vision to Learn, Lead and Inspire and our shared mission to build a culture of learning, well-being and belonging to inspire each learner. Grand Erie’s 2800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The head office is located in Brantford.
Supporting the Manager of Business Services, the role of Payroll Supervisor will oversee all payroll functions.
- Day to day operation, supervision, and support of the Payroll Department
- Approval of payrolls generated using in-house software, K212
- Ensure payment schedules and processing timelines are in accordance with the relevant collective agreements and financial institutions’ requirements
- Identify and monitor process improvement initiatives and define standards for new processes
- Maintenance of payroll software and files in accordance with Board policy and statutory regulation
- Annual pension reporting to external agencies
- Enforce established payroll related policies, procedures and regulations
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Community college diploma in a related discipline, or the equivalent
- Successful completion of the Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) certification, or the equivalent
- Three years of recent supervisory payroll experience involving adherence to collective agreements and pension/benefits administration using a computerized payroll system
- Strong customer service focus with an equally strong work ethic and the demonstrated ability to deal with competing priorities, multiple demands and frequent deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills are combined with superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational leadership and strength in analyzing and problem solving
- Attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to handle matters in a diplomatic, sensitive and confidential manner
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office and computerized payroll applications, preferably K212
|Hours of Work||7 hours per day/35 hours per week
Hybrid work arrangement
|Rate of Pay||$72,697 to $82,611|
|Effective Date||As soon as can be mutually arranged to September 30, 2023 (with the possibility of extension)|
|Apply to||Join us! – Careers – Grand Erie District School Board (knighthunter.com) by April 3, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.|
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector screen”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Grand Erie District School Board recognizes Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, as the longstanding peoples of this territory. We honour, recognize, and respect these communities as well as all First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples who reside within Grand Erie District School Board. We are all stewards of these lands and waters where we now gather, learn and play, and commit to working together in the spirit of Reconciliation.