The world's largest presenter of Indigenous screen content.
The Artistic Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for conceiving, developing and implementing the artistic vision and focus for imagineNATIVE’s Festival, year-round programming, and special artistic initiatives. The Artistic Director is responsible for securing and planning film, video, audio, digital, and other programming in keeping with imagineNATIVE’s mandate, artistic policy, and selection processes. This position requires someone who is enthusiastic, artist-first-minded, and is a team leader who works well through inter-departmental collaboration. Our ideal candidate would have a personal and professional knowledge of Indigenous communities (artistic, cultural, social), with experience working in an arts Festival environment and is passionate about Indigenous-made media arts.
- 5+ years experience as an arts administrator, events planner and preferably for an arts/Indigenous organization(s)
- Strong, effective writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work from home with own computer/laptop, phone and reliable internet with ability to be in Toronto office 2 days/week
- Salary: $70,000 – $80,000 per annum for full-time (40 hours per week)
- 2 week paid vacation + 2 week paid time off for holiday closure
- Supplementary health benefits
Submit CV/Resume and cover letter to: employment@imagineNATIVE.org with subject “Artistic Director”
EXTENDED DEADLINE: January 17, 2022, 12:00 PM ET (noon)