Closing Date: December 2, 2021 @ 12:00PM
To provide coordination of the Annual Three Fires Homecoming Pow Wow (for 2022) and provide delivery of Library Services and perform clerical tasks at the MCFN Community Library.
Education and Experience
- Currently interested in career stream such as Event Management, Tourism, Marketing, Business Administration.
- Must meet age criteria: 15 – 30 years of age as of start date.
- Must be available for some weekends and mandatory to be onsite during Annual Pow Wow (when held on-site)
- Preference of Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation Band Member however the position is open to all First Nation Inuit youth applicants
- Knowledge of the details of planning and execution of successful events, including coordinating, advertising, budgeting
- Adaptable, flexible work schedule
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage work load and supervision of visitors to Library
- Ability to listen to instructions and take direction from supervisor
- Ability to manage time efficiently and adhere to deadlines
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Trouble shooting skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Helpful, trustworthy, flexible, punctual
- Ability to work outdoors, sometimes in adverse weather (pollen, rain, heat)
- Knowledge of the history, culture and /or language of the Mississaugas of Credit First Nation is an asset.
- Availability for duration of summer and flexible in working hours
- reliable insured transportation and valid driver’s license G/G2 definite asset
Hourly Rate: $18.00 Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week Contract Term: Expires September 3, 2022
Please submit your cover letter, resume and 3 current references to:
Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
2789 Mississauga Road
N0A 1H0 or via email to
Miigwech to all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.