Website de dwa da dehs nye>s - Aboriginal Health Centre
De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre’s Mental Health & Addictions Program is seeking a part-time Mental Health and Addictions Counselor in Niagara. The successful candidate will provide one-on-one mental health and addiction counseling services to individual’s age 16+. The MHA counselor will provide a counseling that is rooted in culture, holistic, trauma-informed, and strengths based.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
· Have knowledge of Historical Trauma and Intergenerational trauma of Indigenous Peoples.
· Experience working with and extensive knowledge of Indigenous Peoples language, culture, customs, and traditions
· Knowledge of harm reduction strategies, referrals to detox, treatment planning, wellness and recovery planning, relapse prevention, anxiety, and depression, coping skills and techniques
· Ability to effectively manage disruptive behavior and de-escalation in crisis situations.
· Experience working with and addressing addictions, concurrent disorders, and active substance users
· Knowledge and ability to integrate wholistic based and evidence-based practice into the planning and evaluation of client and program intervention from a trauma informed lens.
· Ability to complete intakes, provide clinical assessments and interventions as needed, develop treatment plans, referrals, and discharge.
· Consult with and provide information to DAHC staff regarding clients and assist with the development of care plans for complex clients.
· Participate in case conferences for client plans of care with external agencies and services where appropriate.
· Maintain clinical records and data compilation utilizing the electronic medical record according to requirements of the DAHC.
· Respect the rights, dignity, and feelings of others to create a safe and respectful work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination, and violence.
· Established self-care routine and supports.
· Other duties may be assigned by team lead &/or management.
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Undergraduate and/or Master degree in Social Work, Mental Health & Addictions,
Psychology or Sociology, from a recognized university preferred. College Diploma and related experience will be considered
• 2-5+ years experience working with individuals with complex needs
• Ability to register with a regulatory body – i.e. OCSWSSW or CRPO
• Must provide proof of full vaccination or request medical/religious/creed exemption prior to start date.
Please apply with resume and cover letter to: email@example.com