The Adult Mental Health Counsellor promotes the mental health and well being of adult clients of DAHAC. The Counsellor conducts individual counselling services for clients. This role is responsible for, developing, implementing, and coordinating support services. This role provides mental health counselling, assessment, treatment, and education to adults as well as multi-modality treatment using clinical and cultural approaches to wellness.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Knowledge and ability to integrate wholistic, strength and evidence-based practice into the planning and evaluation of client and program intervention through a trauma informed lens
• Knowledge of Indigenous cultures, customs, and traditions.
• Knowledge of history of colonization and intergenerational traumas
impacting the health and wellness of Indigenous Peoples.
• Knowledge of mental health and addictions counselling models, techniques, modalities, and approaches.
• Knowledge of tools, systems and databases used in client services delivery and case management.
• Knowledge and understanding of pathways of care for various mental health and addictions issues.
• Possess self-awareness and engages in self-care techniques.
• Possess excellent time management, organization, and communication skills
Statement of Qualifications:
• Post-secondary degree in social work, psychology, &/or concurrent disorders or related field – Master’s Degree Preferred
• Experience working in the mental health field.
• 1+ years’ experience working with individuals with complex needs
• Experience working with and extensive knowledge of Indigenous Peoples
language, culture, customs, and traditions.
• Must provide proof of full vaccination or medical or religious/creed exemption upon start date
Application Email: email@example.com