Website Brantford Native Housing
Brantford Native Housing is currently accepting applications for the position of Finance Administrator.
Open Until Position Filled.
The goal of the Finance Administrator is to maintain the financial systems at Hotinohsioni Incorporated, operating as Brantford Native Housing; be responsible for the management and accounting of all monies received by the Organization. This will be done within the policies and procedures established for the financial department by BNH, and in compliance with financial guidelines established by federal and provincial funding agencies.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- 5 to 7 years experience in a financially related field; preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Excellent computer skills and accounting and use of various accounting software.
- Working independently overseeing funds and monitoring the activities of various departments and programs.
- Background in statistical research and strong ability to conceptualize and plan to achieve financial goals.
- Working knowledge of legislation, policies and regulations that may impact BNH.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Must have good public relation skills, be tactful and discreet and maintain confidentiality while working in a politically charged environment.
- Perform mathematical computations quickly and accurately. Effective attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills with ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners and government agencies.
- Experience with rent collections and the LTB hearing process an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Practices.
- Must be Bondable and of good character and undergo a security clearance.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Demonstrated ability in working with Aboriginal people.
- Aboriginal descent preferred.
Please submit Cover letter along with your Resume and 3 references to:
Brantford Native Housing Attn: Cheri Martin, Office Administrator 318 Colborne Street East Brantford, ON N3S 3M9 Fax (519) 756-174 E-mail: email@example.com