Website Can-Am Indian Friendship Centre
Organization: Can-Am Indian Friendship Centre of Windsor
Job Title: Aboriginal Alcohol and Drug Program Worker
Particulars: 40 Hours per week
Location: 2929 Howard Ave., Windsor, ON N8X 4W4
To ensure the goals, objectives and over all policy of the Aboriginal Alcohol & Drug Program are met.
- Relevant Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree and/or work experience
- Addictions Counseling an asset
- Demonstrated ability in working with Indigenous community
- Knowledge of traditional and cultural teachings
- Experience in program development, design, implementation and evaluation
- Experience in case management, case conferencing and compiling statistics
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, as well as presentation, human relations and communication skills
- Must have a valid Ontario Drivers’ License or access to an insured vehicle for client transportation and able to travel
- To promote healthy lifestyles and alternatives free from gambling, alcohol, drug and solvent abuse within the Aboriginal community.
- To promote existing Ministry of Health sponsored treatment service models within the urban communities.
- To promote a culturally appropriate system of addiction treatment services and programs for Aboriginal people with alcohol and drug abuse problems.
- To increase knowledge and sensitivity through awareness for service providers in the addiction field
- To increase effectiveness and provide cost effective treatment, service development for alcohol and drug abuse programs with the Friendship Centre.
- To complete an intake, assessment and referral services necessary to support the client throughout the recovery process.
- Assist clients with applications for counselling and treatment services.
- To develop, maintain positive working relationships with other Can-Am Indian Friendship Centre programs and program workers.
- To create working relationships and liaise with Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal community agencies, programs and services in the surrounding area.
- To promote addiction free lifestyles through education and information sessions, presentations, flyers, brochures to organizations/agencies as well as through sponsoring of community events and activities
- To maintain an up-to-date and confidential client records keeping system and database
- Provide one-on-on peer support as needed.
- Participate with program initiatives, and reporting requirements as directed and adopted by the program management policy
SALARY: NEGOTIABLE, based on qualifications.
DEADLINE: POSTED UNTIL FILLED
SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME AND THREE (3) EMPLOYMENT REFERENCES TO:
Can-Am Indian Friendship Centre of Windsor
1699 Northway Ave., Windsor, ON. N9B 3L8
Attention: HIRING COMMITTEE
OR EMAIL APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however only those that pass the initial screening process will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidate must provide Vulnerable Sector Check prior to employment.
CAIFC values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer; however, hiring preference will be given to qualified Indigenous applications. CAIFC is dedicated to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please let us know, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate.