Website Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time Permanent – 35 hours per week
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Police Record Check Required upon Offer
DESIRED EDUCATION: Post-Secondary
DESIRED EXPERIENCE: 3+ Years
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Controller assists in carrying out the financial management responsibilities of Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation and the Economic Development Trust (together known as the SNGRDC Group) in accordance with Canadian accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations and the policies approved by the Board of Directors/Board of Trustees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Month-End and Year-End:
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements and reports.
- Preparation, entry, and review of accounting entries and reconciliations.
- Performs corporate consolidations.
- Assists the Director of Finance with audit-related tasks.
- Submit information for annual T2s, T3s and T5013 returns.
- Financial modeling:
- Develop and maintain financial models in Microsoft Excel or similar platform.
- Maintain rolling forecasts for all SNGRDC Group’s entities and departments.
- Assisting with budgeting (operating, staffing and capital).
- Provide support relating to grants (e.g., track funding and expenditures, recognize revenue, and forecast grant cash flow).
- Build dashboards, manage KPIs, and develop other useful analytical tools.
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department and helps to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Support departments with and any other requirements they may have.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team to constantly improve and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of financial processes, oversight, and guidance.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and financial systems.
- Working knowledge of financial strategies.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience.
- Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and demonstrate a high-level ability for taking the initiative.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of Finance related work experience.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software system preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Canadian accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations in Canada and working with Trusts.
- Experience in preparing operational and capital budgets.
IMPACT OF ERROR
Error in judgement may lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, public confidence, and misinformation resulting in embarrassment and potential liability to the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
The purpose of the Development Corporation is to enhance Six Nations to derive economic benefits, create employment for community members and generate income to support community priorities.
Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation will pursue economic self-sufficiency without sacrificing the cultural values and integrity of the Six Nations People.
Community Members, Contractors, Government Agencies, Council Members, Human Resources, Development Corporation Staff, Tourism Partners, Maintenance Contractors, Business Partners, and Vendors.
- This position requires normal physical effort.
- This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
- This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment.
- Mental Stress: There is regular deadline pressure from various sources.
Director of Finance
This position is in Ohsweken, Ontario. Candidates will be required to have a vehicle as the office is not located near any public transportation routes. A hybrid work schedule is available.
At Six Nations of the Grand River, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive, safe, and respectful workplace. Human Resources will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, as may be requested and/or required by law. If you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: If you are unable to apply through the website (https://sndevcorp.ca/careers/), resumes can be dropped off at the Administration Building (2498 Chiefswood Road, Ohsweken, Ontario, N0A 1M0) between 9:00am and 4:00pm Monday-Friday.
BENEFITS TO WORKING AT SNGRDC
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Incentive Programs
- Performance based merit increases
- Team Member Recognition Program
- Comprehensive paid time off – vacation, sick, personal time and paid holidays
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Education Reimbursement
- Company Mentorship Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Training Opportunities
- Corporate Events
Desired Experience : 3-4 Years
Desired Education : Post Secondary
Exempt : No
Type : Full-Time 35 hour work week
Department : Finance
Location : ADMIN
Security Clearance : Police Record Check
Travel Requirements : 0-25%
Work from Home : Varies by Department
Dress / Attire : Business Casual