GREAT & OSTTC Halloween Contests
Is it with great sadness to announce that we are unable to follow through with the annual Spooktacular Trick-Or-Treat event throughout the building this year due to COVID-19. Although this event is no longer taking place, GREAT and OSTTC are still offering an abundance of Halloween activities over the next two weeks for our clients in Six Nations and the surrounding area.
GREAT and OSTTC will be hosting a colouring contest for Six Nations band members ages 4-12.
The Colouring Contest begins Wednesday, October 21st 2020 and will end on Friday, October 30th, 2020
COLOURING CONTEST CATEGORIES
HOW TO ENTER
- Use published design from Two Row Times or Turtle Island News OR save from the website and colour in the page in however you like.
- Entries can be submitted as a photo via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If participants do not have access to the internet, they can contact GREAT to arrange a time to drop off their artwork. Must be submitted virtually or in person by Friday, October 30th, 2020.
- By entering the contest you agree to let Grand River Employment and Training post your artwork on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (your personal information will be displayed only with your consent) and you accept the terms and conditions of the contest.
- Be sure to include with your entry your name and age, plus a parent or guardian’s phone number, or e-mail address so that winners may be notified.
Winners in each category will be selected on November 2nd 2020 and will be announced on GREAT and OSTTC’s social media pages. All winners will receive Halloween gift baskets valued at $100 each.
Join us for our first ever VIRTUAL Halloween costume contest!
- Funniest – $100 gift card
- Scariest – $100 gift card
- Most original -$100 gift card
- Best Halloween dance – $200 gift card
Winners in each category will be selected by GREAT and OSTTC staff on November 2nd 2020 and will be announced across social media pages. Winners will be contacted directly.
HOW TO ENTER
- Take a photo of your costume and DM it to one of our social media pages (Facebook: @greatsixnations Instagram: @greatsixnations Twitter: @greatsixnations)
- Photo entries must include which category you are entering.
- Entries must be received no later than October 31st 2020 at midnight.
- Participants must be Six Nations band members.
Pumpkin Carving Contest – Urban Residents
The pumpkin carving contest is only for Six Nations band members who are residing OFF reserve in urban areas.
HOW TO ENTER
- Carve a pumpkin however you like. Don’t be afraid to get creative and mix a variety of mediums. There are no limits to your creativity!
- Submit a photo of your pumpkin to email@example.com no later than October 28th 2020.
- One entry per family.
- One member from each family must complete the GREAT in-take process to be eligible.
- Entrants must reside off-reserve in an urban area.
GOOD LUCK AND STAY SAFE!
For questions regarding any of the following information, please contact Catherine Porter, Special Projects Coordinator, at 519-717-4952 or firstname.lastname@example.org